When is JMW’s Project Performance Launch™ useful?
When a project team is:
- Coming together for the first time in the early stages of project formulation
- Beginning the work on a new project stage after successfully passing through a stage gate
- Bringing together a leadership group to launch a joint venture or alliance
What happens in JMW’s Project Performance Launch™?
The Project Team:
- Identifies the mindsets, opinions and prejudices which may be in the way of adopting and delivering higher performance for the project
- Constructively challenges those mindsets, opinions and prejudices
- Develops a common language for talking straight about what’s happening, what needs to happen and how it’s going to happen
- Stands for a shared sense of Purpose on the project, focused on what’s of fundamental importance to all team members and stakeholders
- Creates a Vision for success, and commits to extraordinary goals for performance that support the project’s Purpose
- Builds out a roadmap for achieving those extraordinary goals, integrated into the project plan
- Engages all team members through a strategic cascade of commitments that draws a line of sight between actions of individual team members and the project’s strategic priorities
What does JMW do in Project Performance Launch™?
The JMW team working with a capital project:
- Provides leadership principles and communication tools for creating and managing a high performing project
- Designs and facilitates key workshops for the senior project team, as well as select meetings of key teams and working groups accountable for delivering on critical steps towards extraordinary results
- Coaches individuals accountable for delivering on critical extraordinary results and implementing key actions or initiatives
- Supports the integration of cascaded commitments into the integrated project plan
- Ensures that the project’s management structures are directly supporting the delivery of extraordinary results
What are the principles behind this methodology?
Transform how people view the project, and you will transform performance, because…
- Perception and interpretation wins over reality every time. We help organizations reveal and challenge the conclusions and views in the background that are limiting performance.
- More inclusive is more effective. The more stakeholders you can involve in the formative stage of a project, the more buy-in they will have for what the Project Team creates and the more they will contribute.
- Real alignment comes from a common vision for the project. A truly shared vision, when it goes beyond the separate interests of each participating group, company or stakeholder, creates a foundation for producing unprecedented results.
- People’s commitments matter. Having people adopt a rigorous relationship to their word, so that commitments are clear and “honored”, is key to high performance.
- Owning just your part isn’t good enough. As capital projects become more and more complex, it’s critical for all groups to take ownership of the success of the whole venture.
Connect with a Consultant